Sampson`s Tower walk.
Sampson`s tower was built in 1860 as a memorial to Arthur Sampson. He was the son of R`vd George Vaughan Sampson and Hester Lawrence who could not hold the position of land agent to the Fishmongers Company of London due to an act of parliament which would not allow a minister/priest to hold such a post.
Arthur was the Agent for The Fishmongers and collected the rents for the leases during his 34yr position. As he did such a good job in looking after the tenants the tower was built to remember him.